Holland Estate Management Board
The Holland estate, which is located in Spitalfields close to the border of the City of London, transferred to EastendHomes in October 2006.
Following transfer, extensive regeneration and refurbishment work has taken place around the Denning Point complex. This includes additional social rent flats, a new community centre and a new EastendHomes Head Office. More recently refurbishment works have been completed to Herbert House and Jacobson House.
Following elections in December 2018, the Holland Estate board members re-elected the following:
Chair - Kabir Ahmed
Vice Chair - Max Reeves
Secretary - Tim Elliott.
The Estate Management Board features representatives from different blocks within the estate. The current board consists of 4 leaseholders and 6 tenants.
The Holland Estate Management Board aims to meet every six weeks. The group meets at 5.00pm on a Wednesday at the EEH Head Office which is based within the estate.
Meetings are scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday 23rd October 2019
- Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Wednesday 29th January 2020
- Wednesday 18th March 2020
The current priorities for the Holland EMB are to ensure the completion of regeneration / refurbishment works to:
Barnett, Bernard, Brune, Carter Houses
Installation of external security and perimeter fencing, installation of lifts and environmental works.
Installation of bin enclosures, paint renewal and lighting under entrance canopy area.
Negotiations of refurbishment works, installation of external security and perimeter fencing. Discussions have taken place between the EMB/EEH and a joint exercise is being undertaken (led by the EMB) on looking at possible infill to fund further additional works such as environmental improvements and lifts.
- initial design concepts for infill buildings
- integration into overall site
- breakdown on possible numbers of different sized residences, and total numbers potentially achievable
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour concerns.
- Continue working with EEH and the Council to deal with concerns about the increase in drug dealing around roads outside of the estate by non residents.
- Work with EEH to deal with problems caused by airbnb/HMO type properties.
- Making the estate much greener, friendlier and safer for pedestrians
For more information on the activities of the EMB and how you could contribute please contact the Holland Housing Officer.
6th December 2016 [pdf] 2MB (with reports)